Lately, I started running my own URL shortener service because of Google URL shortener service is going to shut down. Below there is a short video showing how the service runs and also there is a Google Chrome extension which I created for integrating the service with the browser.
For quick access and reference the URLs are:
- URL shortener service: https://url.joor.net
- The service uses a python based application called pygmy: https://github.com/amitt001/pygmy
- Chrome extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/pygmy
- My chrome extension source code: https://github.com/oriolrius/shorturl
- Base URL is not the shortest one, but for my personal requirements, it’s more than enough.
- Service is in early stages, especially the extension. Expect errors, bugs, and unavailabilities.
- Service is open and free for everyone. But remember, the main purpose is my personal use.
- I know that pygmy has more features than I publish but I don’t need them and I don’t want to maintain those parts of the applications.
- I appreciate the effort of Amit for so good application.